PLEASE NOTE: All bookings made from 01/07/22 will be at my BRAND NEW, piercing only studio in Cardiff! The address is: Meanwhile House, Williams Way, Curran Embankment CF10 5DY. More info coming soon!
To make a booking, please read the following information carefully and follow the link at the bottom of the page to go to my Setmore.
Update 19/01/22 - All services for clients aged under 16 have been suspended until further notice. This includes pre-piercing consultations. Any appointments/check ups currently booked will be honoured, but all new bookings will be 16+.
Prices displayed via Setmore are booking fees only and are non refundable.
Booking fees reserve your time in the studio and these are not refunded in the event a piercing appointment doesn't take place.
Each client must be booked for their own appointment slot and you must attend your appointment alone, unless under 16 or you require a carer for medical reasons.
When making a booking use your FULL name and use an active email, as this is my main point of contact. If making a booking for someone else, use THEIR name and contact email so they receive the confirmation email containing the booking terms, link to my consent forms and so they can reschedule the appointment themselves if needs be.
I recommend to be healing no more than four piercings at one time depending on placement and your experience with healing - for more than three in one sitting I would prefer if a consultation was booked first so we can discuss your desired placements, piercing experience, healing expectations and aftercare etc.
Please don't book for more than four piercings in the same sitting!
Piercings such as Navel, Industrial, Daith, Tragus, Forward Helix and surface piercings are heavily anatomy dependent. I would prefer that a separate consultation were booked for the above piercings so that I can perform an in depth anatomy check and to also run through the points mentioned above as some of these can be particularly tricky to heal, even on the most seasoned piercee.
If you would rather not book an initial consultation and go ahead with booking your piercing, it's advisable to have a back up piercing in mind in case your anatomy isn't suited to your original idea - though I am always happy to suggest an alternative placement based off your anatomy.
In cases where a client's anatomy isn't suited to their original placement idea, I offer a seven day window in which to re-book for an alternative piercing using your original booking fee.
This seven day grace period also applies to any minors who attend a consultation - procedures will be booed pending the outcome of consultations, after a 24 hour cooling off period, but appointments must be booked within this seven days, or a new booking fee must be paid.
Please ensure you have filled out your procedure consent forms before arriving at the studio - Select Piercing for a piercing appointment or Jewellery Fitting for a Removal/Insertion. These are not needed for consultations.
Links to the consent forms can be found here and they are also linked in your confirmation/reminder emails. If you are filling these in for a minor, please ensure that they are present and the form is completed with their details.
At piercing appointments 50% (£5) of your booking fee is taken off your total and the other 50% is used to book your check up appointment. This booking fee can then be kept rolling for check ups until your piercing has healed. Booking fees for Jewellery Fittings are also taken off your total on the day.
Booking Fees for Consultations/Troubleshooting sessions reserve your time in the studio and contribute towards supply/PPE costs. These are also valid for seven days after your appointment and can be used to book a piercing/follow up appointment.
I allow up to 24 hours for cancellations/booking fees to be moved to a different appointment - any client who cancels with less than 24 hours notice or doesn't turn up to their appointment will lose their deposit and will have to pay another booking fee to re-book.
You can re-book an appointment by following the link in the automated confirmation email you will have received when you booked your appointment. This can only be done up to 24 hours beforehand - after this the appointment must be cancelled, a new appointment booked and another booking fee paid; each client is entitled to one free re-schedule.
If you have paid a deposit towards reserving jewellery for your appointment and you reschedule more than once, your deposit will be lost and any jewellery made available to the public again.
Sunday Club is by appointment only and late night appointments are also available - get in touch via email for availability.
Please remember that piercing prices include everything that's needed, including your jewellery and I will not pierce with, or install jewellery not sourced by myself to ensure the integrity and quality of materials.
Despite recent changes to Government guidelines and restrictions, clients are still required to wear a mask to their appointment and to come alone unless they require a carer or parent/guardian, though I'm happy to book family/friends back to back appointments where availability allows.
I am currently only offering nostril piercings/fittings and septum fittings in terms of under the mask services and require proof of a negative LF test sent via email 24-4 hours before your appointment. If this is not received, your appointment will be cancelled and your booking fee lost.
The points below detail how you can prepare for Piercing Day, plus the FAQ and Useful Reads sections also have some great information!
Please also familiarise yourself with my studio Covid Protocols before calling in.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for 24 hours before your procedure as this is an anticoagulant (thins your blood and prevents it from clotting.)
- Get an early night so you’re feeling well rested and eat a good breakfast to bump your blood sugars up nice and high - avoid caffeine as this is also an anticoagulant!
- Clients are required to eat a minimum of two hours before a piercing procedure – this is for both your and my safety.
- Clients who haven’t eaten will be asked to leave to get something, which may result in your appointment having to be rescheduled.
- It’s advised to wash long hair a day or two before, to minimise introducing excess moisture and cosmetic residues (soap/shampoo etc.) to what is technically an open wound, and to minimise the risk of snagging whilst your piercing is fresh.
- Washing/exfoliating the area beforehand is also greatly appreciated!
- Ensure long hair is tied/pinned up out of the way if your procedure involves your ears!
- Please do not arrive early to your appointment!
- A ten minute window is allowed for lateness and clients who arrive after this, no show will be required to pay the booking fee again to re-book.
- If you need to re-schedule 24 hours or less before your appointment you will be required to pay another booking fee - any requests received to reschedule in reply to the reminder email is outside of this window.
- Ensure you have allocated enough time for your procedure – 30 minutes minimum for a single installation, 45 minutes for a single piercing procedure and a minimum of one hour for multiple procedures.
- If you are accompanying a minor to an appointment please DO NOT bring anyone else! This includes siblings or friends. In these instances you will be asked to leave and rebook for a later date. This is to comply with social distancing regulations as stated in my Covid Protocols.
- This also to applies to any clients aged 16+ consenting for their own piercing - parents/friends will not be permitted in the studio.
- Bring ID! Each client must have valid, government issued photo ID. This includes minors.
- You can pay via card/phone payment e.g Apple Pay. Please avoid bringing cash if it can be helped.
- If you wear reusable masks, switch to disposable ones for your piercing's healing period to minimise on bacterial cross contamination.
- Stock up on sterile gauze packets and invest in a travel pillow if you're getting an ear piercing - it makes sleeping a lot easier & will help prevent your piercing migrating!
- I will have sterile saline solution available to buy at the studio and will provide written and verbal aftercare instructions.
I'm looking forward to meeting you, hearing your ideas and helping your piercing vision become a reality!
To book in, follow the link below!
See you soon, Rae x